Archive for April, 2009

Spring Brings New and Exciting Plans to the Falls

April 28, 2009

gardenWe are currently engaged in developing an organic garden in partnership with our neighbor, Beach Plum Farm.  The new garden will play two very important roles for our guests and our community.  The garden will be used as an educational tool to help teach people how to develop their own organic garden as well as offering hands on experiences in planting, tending, and harvesting techniques.  The garden will also be used to help feed the hungry by donating fresh produce to local soup kitchens and food banks that help serve the homeless and hungry.  We are very excited about the potential of this project and really look forward to seeing this project grow, literally! 


The Deck is Open!

April 28, 2009

patioIt’s about 85 degrees here and the sun is hot.  The patio was almost full with guests today.  Drinking up the sun and a few drinks, too!

Stair Repair

April 27, 2009

faostepsWe had the Lobby Stairs repaired this week.  The bricks were getting loose.  We are happy with the results.

Ogunquit’s Miracle Mile

April 27, 2009

Shore Road may be the perfect road for hoofing it! Ogunquit, Home to the Marginal Way, the breathtaking shoreside footpath linking Perkins Cove with the village, also possesses one of the most walkable boulevards in Maine. The one mile stretch of Shore Road between the picture perfect (and largely man made) Perkins Cove and Ogunquit’s tony downtown has a way of luring even the most lethargic motorists onto their feet. Colorful daylilies, black eyed Susans and cosmos contrast beautifully with the black pavement, while period streetlights complement the nineteenth-century Capes, grand summer resorts such as the Sparhawk and the Colonial , and street signs that look like they were torn from a history book. Beating the pavement never seemed so pleasurable.
Often billed as Maine’s most walkable town, the street scene complements the natural beauty of the Marginal Way. People do the loop, and Shore Road completes the picture. Village-ocean-village-ocean, round and round it goes. From unmistakable landmarks such as the granite Ogunquit Free Memorial Library and the Victorian Nellie Littlefield House to more subtle sites such as the Gothic-style Methodist Church-turned-gift shop and the circa 1800 Captain Sawyer House that now serves as a t-shirt shop, Shore Road is a boulevard whose surprises can only be enjoyed on foot. You’re never walking away from something-you’re always looking ahead and walking toward something. There have been changes in the past fifty years, but the road has always kept its character.
Indeed, the way that character has evolved since the Post Road first split off from the Portsmouth Road (now Route 1) is precisely what keeps Shore Road interesting even today. Signs of Ogunquit’s working past, present long before artists arrived during the 1890’s and tourists transformed the York County community shortly thereafter, can still be found by those strolling along Shore Road. Wharf Land, for instance, is named for the piers where schooners once unloaded cargo, the only evidence of them remaining is the dolphin post, still visible at low tide at the mouth of the Ogunquit River, where ships moored while waiting for the tide. The foreboding stone wall in front of the Sparhawk Resort, topped with jagged stones originally inlaid to prevent nineteenth century whippersnappers from dawdling, makes most walkers stop and wonder. Even the jarring juxtaposition of the circa-1785 Johnson Littlefield House and the circa-1978 Anchorage by the Sea adds an interesting dimension to Shore Road.
For most people, Shore Road represents more than just a route between Perkins Cove and the village. They respond to the vibe that this stretch of pavement exudes. It’s Americana- It’s the white picket fences- It’s those iron street signs. It just feels like the way things should be. A pleasant summer evening finds the sidewalks of Shore Road packed with walkers. For some, who live just off Shore Road, it’s a way home……

The Trio Is Back

April 20, 2009

After a month’s vacation, Angelina’s restaurant (right next door to the resort) has re-opened and has a new addition. The new room boasts a domed, wooden ceiling and the atmosphere is reminicent of a wine cellar. It holds up to 25 more people and is a warm, wonderful addition. Angelina’s has the same terrific menu available seven nights a week, with specials offered most nights.
Pizza Napoli has stayed open all winter and those great thin crust pizzas are still baking in the ovens.
As of Patriot’s Day Weekend, the in town sensation, Tapas and Tinis has opened for the season. Until Memorial Day Weekend, they will be open for dinner on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and lunch on Saturday and Sunday, complete with “Divine Dinners” for $9.99.

It’s so good to see everything opening again……..

The Brick Stairs

April 15, 2009

bricksWe are fixing the brick steps to the Lobby.  The bricks were lifting and we found that the under surface was in bad shape.  It will be a new and safer entrance.

Heather and Keith get arrested!

April 14, 2009

heather2keithHeather & Keith participated in the MDA arrest program.  We got carted off to “jail” and had to post bail!  Tons of fun for a great cause!

The Stolen Menu Cafe

April 13, 2009

menuLocated in the Longs Sands Plaza, 127 Long Sands Road, York Maine, this fun and funky cafe is a destination for those seeking “happy food”. The Stolen Menu Cafe is open six days a week and is known for their extensive breakfast and lunch daily specials. The Stolen Menu Cafe offers freshly baked muffins, coffee cakes, scones, and the deli case is chock full with fresh salads and food to go. Stop in and Steal a glance, Steal a moment. And then Steal the menu! The hours are Closed on Mondays; Open Tuesday-Friday serving breakfast 6:30 am-11:00 am & lunch 11:00 am-2:00 pm. Saturday- breakfast 7:00 am – 1:00 pm, lunch 11:00 am – 2:00 pm & Sunday 7:00 am – 1:00 pm, serving breakfast only.
Don’t miss this terrific experience….

Easter Brunch/Dinner Specials

April 9, 2009

Arrows 361-1100


Five Courses. $68


Clay Hill Farm 361-2272  


Easter Dinner.

Free community Egg Hunt at 4:00pm



Jonathan’s 646-4777                        

Brunch Buffet 8:30am-11:30am

Full menu including roasted lamb and more

Brunch Buffet- All-You-Can-Eat $14.99

Dinner 12:00pm-8:00pm



Bull and Claw    646-8467             

Breakfast Buffet 8:00am-11:00am

Lunch 11:00am-4:00pm

Dinner 4:00pm-9:00pm

Crabby Salmon, Roasted Pork, Garlic Herbed Lamb, Fleur de Lis Ham, Black Angus Filet, Haddock Newburg


98 Provence 646-9898                    

Dinner 1:00pm-4:00pm

Easter Bistro Menu

Risotto with Spring Vegetables and Scallops-Lamb Shoulder Braised with Plums and Port Wine- Strawberry Napoleon with Almond Cream

$29.95- Pierre’s Regular Spring Menu available also



Prime 646-8600                             

Traditional Easter Brunch 12:00pm-4:00pm

Serving Ham, Lamb, and Roast Beef


What is that???

April 7, 2009

yard1Can anyone tell me what this is?  I saw this green thing pop up from the ground.. strange.  I usually only see snow.  hmmmm.. Could this actually be the first signs of spring?

%d bloggers like this: